Laoag Travel Guide
Positioned on the northwest coast of Luzon in the Philippines, Laoag is the capital of Ilocos Norte Province and is home to a beautiful coastline and picturesque mountains.
- Worth It?
- Yes, Laoag offers tourists a host of places to see and it is easily accessible.
- What to Do
- checkout the heritage sites with Spanish colonial buildings, visit the casinos in the large five-star hotels and enjoy the numerous museums and galleries.
- Best Time to Go
- anytime of the year is fine although during the months from July to October, heavy rain is common.
- How Long?
- A few days are enough although if you want to relax, a few weeks will pass quickly.
- evidence of inhabitants in Laoag dates back to 300 BC.
The city boasts the only commercial airport in the region and most tourists pass through the city when visiting the north of Luzon. There is a large network of buses and also jeepneys that travel around the city and surrounding areas.
There is an array of things to do in Laoag, from visiting museums and cultural sites to playing a round of golf on a world-class golf course. In the city are a few casinos situated in some of the major hotels. For outdoors activities, you can enjoy water sports, trekking and cycling.
Travel to Laoag - Getting There
The easiest and most popular way to arrive to Laoag is by plane, with daily flights leaving Manila taking approximately 45 minutes flying time. It is possible to take a bus from Manila although travel time is upwards of 12 hours. Hiring a car and self-driving is an option, with well-paved highways all the way from Manila.
Laoag Things to Do
St William's Cathedral built in 1612, St William's Cathedral is a stunning example of Italian Renaissance design with large columns and ornate windows. The Sinking Bell Tower is positioned next to the church and is dropping at a rate of one inch per year.
Ilocos Norte Museum filled with history and heritage from the fascinating past of the region, Ilocos Norte Museum is a must-see.
Best of the World
Best in the Country
Copyright © Travelotica, LLC - Please don't steal our content