Asia Travel Guide China, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia and All Southeast Asia
Fascinating, exotic, vibrant and exciting... Welcome to Southeast Asia! It is a land of soaring mountains and sheer valleys; sun-drenched beaches and mist-shrouded jungles. Asia is a stunningly beautiful land where past, present and future blend harmoniously together. Whether you're looking for ancient ruins, dazzling temples, untamed wilderness or ultra-modern skyscrapers - Southeast Asia has it all and never ceases to delight.
Latest-Update: July-21 - Added some missing content to Malaysia, also some tweaks to the styling. Check our Roadmap to see our current progress.
A long-time favorite of many travelers and backpackers, South-east Asia boasts beautiful beaches, low prices, fantastic cuisine and mind-boggling ancient ruins:
- Brunei - a tiny and fascinating, oil-rich sultantate / mini-state
- Cambodia - dashing head-long out of decades of war and home to Angkor
- East Timor - the 21st century's first independent nation, at the eastern tip of Indonesia
- Indonesia - an archipelago of over 13,000 volcanic and sun-drenched islands encompasing the island jewel of Bali.
- Laos - landlocked, slow-paced communist country harkening to times gone by.
- Malaysia - multicultural melting pot often overlooked by travelers featuring everything from the skyscrapers of KL to the former-headhunters of Borneo
- Myanmar (Burma) - military dictatorship shuned by the international community but boasting some incredible sights.
- Philippines - over 7,000 islands dotted with beautiful tropical beaches, fantastic diving and Spanish colonial charm
- Singapore - gleamingly clean and orderly, yet quintessentially Asian
- Thailand - deservedly one of the most popular tourist destination in the world, with hilltribe trekking and white sand beaches.
- Vietnam - communist country that is vibrantly capitalistic, a land of contrasts.
Having many cultural and historical influences throughout the region, we have included information on China as it holds such a huge influence over the region and many travelers like to extend their journeys with trips into China.
- China - Incredibly vast communist country with an ancient history. It is bursting with mega cities yet scattered with rural villages and amazing scenery.
- Hong Kong - One of the most distinctive harbor-front skylines, Hong Kong is glitz, hustle and a whole lot more.
- Macau - A Gambler's paradise, but also a distinctive fusion of Portugese ambiance and Asian flair.
Copyright © Travelotica, LLC - Please don't steal our content